Thursday, June 28, 2012

2 weeks in Haiti just isn't enough...


Hey everyone!

I returned from Haiti about 3 weeks ago. I was able to spend 2 weeks in this country that I have fallen in love with and I am excited to share my experience with you through pictures.

My First Week
Stayed in the Orphanage with the kids and other Missionary Interns


On our way to celebrate some of the Missionary Kids birthday

Helped teach the kindergartners at the school

learning to read!

Learning our shapes!

Spent quality time with my friend Torie. She is there for 2 months staying
at the orphanage. I was so happy we were there at the same time!

Visited some different sites that my August team will be doing some
construction. Painted this part (with Torie!) of the school in September,
we will be finishing the far right side in August.
Part of what we will be working on.
Visited the prison in St. Marc. This was one of the main reasons for me going
to Haiti a week early. It was a huge blessing to meet with the women again to worship
and pray together. I also visited the prison in Archaie.

Water day at the school!
You can tell they had a BLAST! Who wouldn't want an awesome water slide
to cool off in the Haiti heat?!
Went on a crazy jungle-like hike with some awesome friends
Were blessed witha refreshing drink from coconut along the way.
"Nature's Gatorade"...and a meal. 2 for 1. Check out the next pic.
Yummmm! This was by far my favorite part.
Miss these girls! So blessed to spend a week with them.

SECOND WEEK---My Team Arrives!!!
Was so excited to finally meet Pastor Dave and Marilyn (far left). Had been talking with them
for so long to plan this little Haitian adventure for the Lord!
Heading up to the top of the mountain to the village of Boucan to stay for the
next 4 days!
The guesthouse is on the far left, where we stayed. The right building is the orphanage.
Our team was painting the orphanage and building bunk beds to get
ready for the kids who will be living there.
Bunk bed construction begins!
Some of our Handymen...Dave and Jim
Brook, our other handyman!
Painting in the orphanage
Preparing for VBS
Over 200 kids showed up for VBS and recreation
Who doesn't love Duck, Duck, Goose?
Dani showing the love of Christ to all around her!
The kids were taught the steps to salvation through bead bracelets.
Did I mention that I love being in Haiti?
Went on a small hike and met new friends. Prayed for some along the way.
I loved our "family time" every evening. We worshipped, prayed and studied the
Bible together. Wish I could have brought them all home with me
to continue this every night.
Did I mention how much I love these wonderful, crazy people? I know that we will
be together again serving the Lord!


I had two wonderful weeks in Haiti and can't wait to return the first week of August. Words cannot express the joy I have in serving the Lord. One day every tongue, tribe and nation shall hear the Good News. Lord, send me.

So that all may know Him,
Kathryn
John 17:3

0 comments:

Post a Comment